Rockin’ out in Seoul, Korea..
A couple of work colleagues and I went out for a few after-dinner beers last night in the Seoul district of Itaewon. None of the places looked particularly savoury so we plumped for one called ‘Woodstock’ given that two of us in the group were fading old classic rock fans.
Unfortunately when we walked into the (empty) bar they were running a series of Beyonce Knowles videos which urged us to drink up very quickly and then for us to depart, but it turned out that we could make requests for any music we preferred. I asked the guy if he had any rock music and gave Led Zeppelin as an example. Turned out that the guy had pretty good taste as he assembled a playlist that included:
- Led Zeppelin – Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven
- Deep Purple – Hush
- Pink Floyd – Brain Damage (unfortunately cut off before segueing into monumental Dark Side album closer ‘Eclipse’)
- Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing
- Queen – Don’t stop me now
- Rainbow – Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Guns ‘n’ Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
Was nice to hear some guitar-driven music in a bar for a change instead of the usual crap.